Friday, June 28, 2013

Return to Texas

It's said that you don't truly appreciate something until it's taken away from you.  This summer I've been discovering the other side of that phrase: you appreciate things a lot once you have them back.  I will never look either public transportation or driving around the same again, and always get a huge burst of happiness when the Texas sun hits my face.  I've even learned to appreciate things that Germany does better than the US.  Both when I left and returned, there were things that improved and things that got worse.  But in either case I've realized something else, even if I prefer a detail or two more in Europe, Texas is my home.  I hope to travel again in the future to share that experience with more people, but at the end of the day this is where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment