Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Berlin and Prague

So my previous blog that I was writing got deleted and I'm kind of devastated because there was almost two months of thoughts in it. So this one is probably going to be a shorter version of that original one.

BERLIN/DRESDEN
I really liked Berlin. I had been hearing stories about Berlin from my parents since I was born, so the fact that I was finally going was really exciting for me. While I think I would have a much different perspective about the city if I had gone by myself or just with some friends I still really liked it. I also go to bike for the first time since I was in middle school. It was less fun when I ran into a car but whatever.

I also really liked Dresden. It was weird because when I told my parents that I was going to Dresden, they told me that it had been completely flattened during WWII. When they told me that I imagined a torn down city that was mostly rubble and dirt. I was so wrong. It was a complete city with beautiful buildings and architecture. It had so much history that I was not expecting from this city I had never heard about. It was really a cool trip.

The concentration camp was an experience that I can't explain. I had never been to a concentration camp and I never really thought I would ever be to one. And it was a great experience.

The thing I am most disappointed about is that I don't feel like I got to know the city. The bike tour was fun and we definitely saw a lot but I spent so much time focusing on not dying, I wasn't looking at what was around me. It was a great week though! I learned a lot about Berlin and about medicine which was also really cool. The museums we went to were awesome and I wish I could go back and spend more time in them.

It was a cool city that I really hope to go back to and see more of with more time.

PRAGUE
After Berlin was Prague which was probably one of my favorite cities I visited. It was classic and old timey and quaint and adorable! I absolutely fell in love with Prague. I wish I had more than a weekend there to see everything. The food was good the sights were beautiful and the money was weird. So was the art. So much strange art. While in Berlin I felt very rushed, in Prague I just wanted to slow down and see everything. Just stroll and look at what Prague is. I could see myself living there just because it was so cute.

I fell in love that weekend with that city and I will be going back. To Prague and to Berlin.

No comments:

Post a Comment