Sunday, May 10, 2015

Final Days

Yay last official post that I was supposed to post while in Bonn :(

We went to the LMU Theatre performance about radium workers the night of our last final and it was interesting... It was pretty good but not my kind of play. I'm impressed by all of the theatre people though, they're really good at what they do. After that, I walked around Bonn and Hersel and saw the small groups of German guys running around with trees on their backs! I'm so glad we were here to witness that because it's probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen. I saw a girl catch her boyfriend putting up the tree with his friends and she ended up getting serenaded by him while he continued to tie the tree to her house. Germans have interesting traditions.

The next day, we went to Bingen to see the Hildegard museum with the Viz kids. We presented our plants and I completely forgot the entire speech I memorized... Oops again. Then we ate at a really delicious restaurant before we left Bingen to raft down the Rhein. Rafting was so much and also pretty tiring. I'm glad we got the chance to do it though, it was quite the experience! I think we went to a castle after but I'm not exactly sure. Those few days started to blur together... I'm going to assume it was a cool castle, what little I can remember of it. Then I'm pretty sure we went home and I went promptly to bed, because rafting is freaking exhausting.

The next day, we woke up to go bike to Remagen. I was a mess and ended up on the ground every few minutes. You'd think that if you heard "yeah we're going to be biking for two hours to get to the next town," you'd eat a few meals and make sure your contacts wouldn't dry out, but nah. I was feeling especially stupid that day. So that's how I ended up with the weird scab on the back of my leg that hasn't healed after one week... The ride was beautiful though, and it made me so sad while I was biking since I realized that we were leaving. Germany is beautiful. Following the Rhein was amazing; there were trees everywhere, the water and sky were a perfect blue, the weather was perfect. Honestly, it was just the perfect end to the trip. We went to the Peace Museum at the bridge of Remagen once we got there and I can't remember anything since I was dead from the bike ride. I do remember the ice cream that Dr. Wasser bought us though - that was awesome. Awesome ice cream. And then on the way back, I was still so dead that I took the train with half of the group. I really wish I would have been okay enough to bike back, but oh well. Side note: the train ride was fifteen minutes. FIFTEEN?! I'm going to sound extremely lazy but why bike when you can take the train.

Second side note: I thought about it, and I guess the views would be nice. That would make sense.

Finally, we had the farewell party. It was so much fun and the food was the most delicious food we had in Germany. The music was great and our group was standing up there dancing and singing! We were definitely the loudest ones there and the ones who probably got everyone to sing too :)

And that's it... One last trip to bonnsch, the happy hour doner place, and Koln later... We were flying home :( 

No comments:

Post a Comment