Friday, May 8, 2015

Some weird place called Abilene

My latest excursion has been one of the strangest, and more interesting trips I have taken. This ‘state’ I’m in is larger than pretty much all of the countries in Europe, which is kind of confusing. The weather here is very nice: sunny, and blue skies every day. The people are all rather plump compared to Germany and many of the other places I have visited, and while they do speak English it is an odd sounding dialect, with a smattering of  some odd words such as y’all and ain’t and fixin’. I went to a restaurant the other day, and while the ‘Tex-mex’ food was very good, the portions were kind of large and the other people there were a lot louder than the Germans I am used to. It seems that everyone drives their cars over here, because everything is so spaced out and there seems to be no tram system in place, which is rather inconvenient. I am also disappointed to see a landscape devoid of bakeries and Döner places. I don’t know how long it will be until I return to Germany, seeing as how I haven’t booked a return ticket, but I hope to return someday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment