Monday, May 4, 2015

I can't believe I'm packing...

It seems like we just got here yesterday...

If you had told me in January I would be sad about leaving in May I would have thought you were crazy because I was sure it was going to be a long four months away from my family. I do miss them a lot and I am so glad to get to go home and see them but Bonn has become another home to me in the time I have been here. I spent most of last night sorting through things and beginning the packing process. I'm taking home a lot of good memories and hope that someday soon in the future I will be bringing my family here to make some more. There have been a lot of tears today, and I'm sure there will be a lot more tomorrow.

Now the anxiety of going home has started to creep in. I know this four months has changed me in some ways I've already realized and others I'm sure I'll come to recognize soon enough but how are the changes in me going to affect my family. My brother will be on the ground in North Carolina sometime around 11pm my time here in Germany tonight after a nine month deployment. I wonder if he is having some of the same emotions. I'm also anxious about what is to come in the next few months. My father will be having his prostate removed in dealing with his cancer on June 23rd and then my husband will also be needing surgery to fix some vertebrae issues in his neck after I return.

So for now it's back to packing... I'm sure things will be crazy for a bit when I get home. I just never thought it would be so bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment