Thursday, May 7, 2015

The Last Few Weeks

So I've been home for a day now and it's weird. I keep expecting to wake up and take the tram to the Hauptbanhof and walk through Friedensplatz... Nostalgia is real.

The last time I posted was a few days before the AIB Charity Weekend, which was so much fun! My group went to this interesting daycare where there was chickens, bunnies, ziplines, swings, and button making thangs. We had to split up into little groups because they needed us to fix a couple of things, make the pond look pretty, and clean up all of the weeds outside. Koi and I fixed a bench, which ended up taking so much longer than it should have, but ended up being so much fun. It was such a fun day of doing stupid things and acting like kids! Plus we got chocolate cake and chocolate cake makes everything five times better :) The marathon was the next day and I went to go cheer on the people who were running in it near the end. I didn't really do anything so all I can talk about was the giant party-like atmosphere at the finish line and the free food I had at the AIB (both of which rocked so yasss).

Next week was Aachen (AaAaAaAaAachen). The city is so pretty and they're apparently known for their printen, which is really just fancy gingerbread. I love gingerbread so I'm not complaining, especially cause it was pretty good. We presented to Enmodes in the morning, which was really nerve-wracking, but it's crazy that the project was finally over. It felt like we'd worked on it forever...

 Then... FINALS. I actually barely remember those few days except that I was in classroom 3 for the majority of them. Oops. I did as well as I could on all of my classes, so that was a good end to the semester. My host family thought I'd disappeared for a bit there in those last few weeks since I stayed out either studying or going out and enjoying Bonn before we left. I can't believe we actually left...

I'll save the Rheincruise (lies... it was rafting)/Bingen, the bike ride to Remagen and the rest of the past few days for another post. I'm really missing Germany and I hope home starts to feel like home again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment