Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Relection

It's been almost a month since the end of the study abroad trip. I still miss the "home" in Germany. I have made a lot of new friends, but most importantly I have prove to myself that I can be independent. Although I was aware the world is much larger than College Station and Dallas, I tend to stay in the the bubble world. Through the trip to Germany, I learn the global connectivity  and interdependence. We made a big impact by contributing to the enmodes project and hopefully helped people along the way.  As a person, I see more of a reason to communicate with strangers. this trip showed me how independent I can be, but it also showed me that my independence comes at the mercy of strangers. Getting lost in a city is not the best experience, but the kindness of strangers help me navigate a new city. If I was give another chance at this I would take it without a second thought. This trip made me less close minded, less afraid, and less doubtful. It had been a great semester, I can't wait to go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment