Sunday, March 1, 2015

Leverkusen!






Leverkusen 1- 0
The most exciting thing that occurred this week was attending the Leverkusen vs Freiburg soccer match! Kristin (study abroad cordinator) managed to get us really good seats. We were all sitting on the first deck with a perfect view of the game. Fans did not stop cheering and chanting! The stadium roared with cheers of excitement...







    I found it interesting how we had to pre-load a card with money to buy food, which was surprisingly delicious and reasonably priced. I bought a scarf with the teams logo, which helped me keep warm after the second half of the game. Leverkusen played outstanding and left the score 1-0. Once the game was over I was a little nervous about how the fans from the other team would react to the loss, but surprisingly everyone seemed to be very cordial and simply headed home.... I'm sure they weren't happy to have lost but at least there was no obvious tension. After the game we headed back to Bonn and I celebrated with a couple of friends by eating pizza:)

No comments:

Post a Comment