Monday, March 30, 2015

Berlin: beer bike

Day 1: Arrived at the train at 7:30am, the cold is unbearable so I hid in the train waiting area. Everyone arrived promptly right before the train was about to leave. I studied physiology on the train with Amy, Ana, and Cameron. When we arrived at the Berlin HBF , it was already around 1 pm. We dropped our stuff off at the Alex hotel and had some lunch. For a chill day, we had the bike tour with Ryan. My favorite was the 2711 columns for Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe. It was a tribute to the people who died During Nazi's Regime.

Day 2: We went to Dresden and had a city tour. I even remembered to bring my phone for photos. It was a beautiful city. I had an awesome lunch of traditional german dish with meat and potatoes. I was so full, I was not hungry for dinner. Later that afternoon, we went to the hygiene museum and I found out that I have a hard time getting my brain to go blank.

Day 3: We went to Sachensen House with Ryan, Our tour guide. I learned a lot about the functionality and structures about this particular concentration camp. Despite amount of time that has passed since the concentration camp was closed, there was a constant reminder of the horror beyond these walls. I had free time the rest of the day, all I did was walked around the city to see the streets and the people. Nothing really interesting happened except newly weds on the beer bikes that biked around town.

Day 4: We arrive at the medical school in Berlin. We toured the museum and listened to the story our tour guide, Tom had collected over the years. After lunch, we went through a class peer guided medical things. It was fun to learn about how the medical students' education differ from the ones in the states. The last destination before the moroccan food was Anmodes, we had so basic body physics and simulations. 

Day 5: we visited hohenschoenhausen memorial, it was a jail used by the Soviets in the post war time. It was cool, but depressing for me to see the environment the prisoners had to live in. we left Berlin around 3.








No comments:

Post a Comment