Monday, March 7, 2022

Week 8- halfway through- in Munich

 Wow, it is hard to believe that I am already halfway through my trip. It has gone very very fast! This weekend I went to Munich with Avery and Isabelle. This was one of my favorite cities and I loved it. This week in terms of school was not as hard as some other weeks which was nice but it did come with a lot of homework. I am finding through my BMEN 211 class, for one of the first times every, that doing the homework actually prepares me for the exams. That will be useful for next week when I have three exams but I have a signals and systems exam (BMEN 211), German final, and we get to retake our physiology exam to keep the higher grade. I was only expecting the German final which is why I chose to go to Munich but that is okay. Not about my week:

On Monday, it was the last day of February already. Besides this, it was a normal day at school. Tuesday, I had an early morning as I had a meeting with Latifah about how I felt BMEN 211 was going. I told her how I liked the style of learning that involved worksheets. We then got our math tutorial cancelled as we really did not need it and so I got an unexpected break in my day and went home and took a nap. On Wednesday, we had a normal day. Thursday, we had a normal day also and this is the day we headed off the Munich. This was quite stressful as I had about an hour to go from AiB, to my apartment, and back to hbf. I did make in time and grabbed a sandwich at Rewe for my journey. Our train ride had one transfer which we only made because the train we were transferring to had a broken door which delayed it. Our train got delayed over 20 minutes but so did our connecting train. We made it to the train and therefor to Munich. We then checked into our hotel which was right by the hbf and grabbed dinner and went to bed.

On Friday, we found a brauhaus that we found online was a must try for breakfast. It was also located perfectly in town in the Marienplatz. This area also had the New City Hall and a lot of shopping options. After breakfast, we wondered into a lederhosen store where the lady stared us down the entire time. We then left this store and headed into a few shops. Me and Isabelle ended up buying some dresses at EU Urban Outfitters. We then headed into a few churches including Peters church. At this church, there was a tower that we could pay to go up that had views all over Munich. Little did we know, it was 14 stories (15 American ones). The views however were quite worth it. We then headed down and wondered around the town some. We stopped at a boba shop and I had a donut. We then found some fields of yellow and purple flowers. I took some really cute pictures here. After this, we found a wine bar that was in the Munich residence. We had a very full glass of wine that they filled to the brim and then headed to a brauhaus for dinner. We accidentally ordered a Liter each of beer as they told us the sizes were just a stein. We did not know they were this big. I was however determined to finish it and was the only one to do so. We then went to our hotel where Avery did homework and I immediately fell asleep.

On Saturday, this was our palace day. First, we went to a café near the Munich residence. We then went to the Munich Residence. This building was amazing. We spent a lot of time travelling through these rooms and it now has a heavy presence in my camera roll. The art all over the ceilings and everywhere was beautiful. We were then determined to make it to another palace, the Nymphenburg Palace. We got inside right at 3:30 when they were selling the last tickets as it was closing at 4:00. We were barely allowed in but we raced through the rooms to see them all. We then went walking around the palace grounds for a while. Towards the end of our walk, it got very windy and cold and I started to not be able to feel my fingers. We then found a random Balkan food where we were the only English speakers. We were in the basement and our waiter spoke Serbian. It was however, very good. We then headed back to our hotel.

On Sunday, we went to the Schleissheim Palace. Here, there were three different palaces built on the property. The first we went into was the New Palace which actually had rooms set up to mimic how the palace once was. While it was missing a lot, it was still gorgeous. It had an amazing staircase and beautifully painted ceilings. We then went to the back palace which housed an extensive collection porcelain. This was cool to look at but was quite a far walk back and after this we got hungry and we had the walk back to the front one. This was the old palace and in it were two very different exhibitions. In one side was some old clothing and trinkets to look at which was interesting. On the other, was a collection of Jesus and Christian figures from all over the world, including New Mexico. It was odd. After this, we had Greek food. The food was amazing and we had all been wanting Greek the entire time that we have been here. We then had to speed walk back to our train stop (because google maps lied to us about the time) and I ended up tripping up the stairs and hurting my knee. We however made it back, grabbed some snacks for our journey back and waited for our train. Our train was delayed about 10 minutes but since we were the first stop, we got a set of seats together with a table so we could do our homework. However, the outlets did not work which turned into a major problem and I barely made it through my homework on my computers life but I did it. Me and Isabelle ended up working the entire six hour train ride on homework but, we got it all done. I then got home, got a much needed shower, and went to bed.

I really loved travelling to Munich. It is definitely on my top cities I have ever been to list. The architecture was gorgeous and there was so many interesting things to look at. I loved the shopping scene. I loved the vibe of the people and people seemed very happy here. The city was amazing to travel to.

No comments:

Post a Comment