Monday, March 21, 2022

Spring Break!

    Wow I can't believe spring break is already over. The week passed by fast, but the time was well spent and I definitely made the most of it. I was very fortunate to have my mom come visit me, and I didn't realize how much I needed to see her. We got to enjoy visiting Berlin and Dresden together, and it was truly a unique experience. I was a little unsure of how I felt about going back to Berlin, since we already went back in February, but the city managed to surprise me and amaze me more than I could have ever expected. A fair amount of COVID regulations have been changed since my last visit, and the affects were clear from the first day. The streets were much more lively, restaurants were packed, and the nightlife was a night and day difference from back in February. As soon as the sun went down, the streets were packed, music was heard all over, and every bar was full of people both inside and out. I was glad to get a glimpse of Berlin closer to it's truest form, even if I didn't participate in any of the night time festivities. There was also a fair amount of monuments and museums I missed out on during my last visit, so I was glad to be able to go this time around. We went back to the Pergamon, which can never disappoint, we also went to the Alte Nationalgalerie, and the Museum für Naturkunde. We spent more time walking around and exploring the city, and even went on a little bike tour! As much as we did in February, I didn't realize how much I missed out on. I loved walking through the Tiergarten, it was beautiful and very peaceful. My favorite part of the trip was eating at the Sky Tower restaurant. I was hesitant because of the price, but the view and experience was worthwhile. 

    The second part of spring break and my favorite part was our trip to Dresden. I had read about the city and how unique it is, but I was absolutely blown away. The baroque architecture was very impressive and really gave a sense to the historical significance of the city. We weren't sure how to spend our time between the museums and all the palaces and monuments. I will say, I was definitely more appealed to the massive mansions and palaces and finding all the very captivating statues plotted around the town. I'm glad I was able to see the Dresden Frauenkirche, and I wish I would've planned for more time in Dresden. I'll definitely want to make a return trip. 

    This was the first major vacation I've ever been on since I was a kid, and although it was so much fun, it was weird not thinking at all about school. It's strange to think we really only have a month left here in Bonn, and I have very mixed emotions about that. It'll be a hectic month, and probably pass by in a flash. I'm going to do my best to live in the moment and really take every possible opportunity to appreciate the rest of my time here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment