Wednesday, March 9, 2022

February Recap

Week 6-8:

After a full week of traveling in Berlin and Rugen, we finally got back to Bonn for classes. I dedicate the school week to staying on top of my studies, so I have the weekend free to travel and relax. Jules and I went shopping at Primark and each got new pairs of jeans for way cheaper than in the States! The weather is slowly warming up and I have been appreciating the sunny days and occasional sunsets that remind me of Texas. My weekends are filled with train rides, art museums, hikes, and coffee. Some of the best traveling moments happen when I slow down to take in the city. Like walking along the Rhine at sunset after a busy day. The girls celebrated Valentine's day at my apartment with a potluck! I stayed in Bonn for the weekend to study for the first physiology exam. Nate, Jules, and I hiked to Drachenfels Castle on Saturday and frolicked in a huge, green field. We took in the view of the Siebengebirge (Seven Hills) and will have to come back when the castle is open. During the school week, we had our phys exam and last in-person class with Dr. Fajt. On Thursday, February 24th, Russia invaded Ukraine and it was also the start of Karneval here. With COVID, celebrations were limited to drinking in pubs with a negative test, so a group of us went out in costumes to be a part of this local tradition. February went by quick and I can't believe how fast time flies here, but the memories will last a lifetime. 

No comments:

Post a Comment