Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Berlin birthday


Berlin in one word was Unforgettable. 
Before I tell you about Berlin, let me tell you about my girlfriend Tania.
As you know from my previous blogs, I've been seeing Tania for a bit over a month. She has made a remarkable semester in Germany into an unforgettable chapter in my life. Since being with her I feel no longer as a youth with not much to care for, not much to get up for but for getting up itself, to wishing the day would never end while at the same time not being able to wait for the next one to start.  The fact that I will leave to a country across an ocean on the 7th of May is unthinkable to us both. 
But what was coming nearer as we approached the week the AIB would take The tamu bmen group to Berlin. We could not avoid it. And when I told Tania that my birthday would fall halfway through that week in which we were to be separated. She immediately made up her mind. She is coming too.
Since some of the students in the program we're going to be in Prague the weekend before Berlin, we thought it would be no problem for Tania to come in the same bus as the group and me. Thankfully, Kristin didn't think it was a problem either. 
The trip to Berlin was not very comfortable, but it would have been far worse had Tania not been at my side. Everyone seemed to be on edge studying for next week's signals exam. A couple of hours after the 9am departure, we were at the hotel. Hotel Alex. Tania would be staying in a nearby hostel because the rooms at hotel Alex are too cheap, by not cheap enough.
Not an hour after we arrived at he hotel, we met at the lobby to go take a bike your of Berlin. I used the little time we had to take Tania to her hostel, and to get some curry wurst. 
The bike tour was amazing. We saw Berlin's main attractions including checkpoint Charlie and the Brandenburg gate where we were told we would meet on Thursday morning. Our tour guide was excellent. And very knowledgable. He told us about the amplemen, which are he green an red men of the street light walk signs which I loved. He said that the eastern Germany had gotten rid of all of its soviet past but decided to keep their amplemen. 'cool' I thought. 
That night, I met up with Tania for dinner and I slept spectacularly well.
Next day was tuesday. 
more to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment