Monday, July 17, 2023

Week 16: Going home

 The last week leading up to going home was very fun and rough at the same time. I was excited to go home and see all my family and friends but also heartbroken about leaving Bonn and all of its people. Finals and Enmodes were a blur so once that was finished I felt pretty relieved only to worry about fitting all my stuff back in my suitcase. Once May 2nd rolled around, I was pretty busy getting ready for my flight. Obviously, I ran to Theos to get one last Schokocroissant (and an extra to take home for my sister). A car ride, train, and plane later I was finally back home with my family (and yes I was reminded how much I hate terminal E in IAH). After finally getting some rest and re-adjusting to life back in Texas I became even more grateful for the opportunity I had to go on the study abroad trip. Telling all my friends and family about all my adventures really showed how much I had grown over those four months. I still do not think I could thank my host mom enough for how kind she was to me during my entire stay and how much that meant to me (yes, I still miss her a lot). I've already found myself wanting to go back to Germany, so that will definitely be in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment