Sunday, July 30, 2023

Three Months Later

It has been almost three months now since I got home from Germany. I have to say, the adjustment period wasn’t what I expected it to be. It took me about a week to get over the jetlag, but I didn’t necessarily mind getting up at 6am every day. Other than that, though, it was like I never left. Maybe that was because I jumped right into a busy month with graduation, a trip to Cabo, a friend’s wedding, and starting grad school. However, I did miss Germany quite a bit. I still do. I found myself constantly talking about different experiences I had, and I always felt like “that friend” who can’t stop talking about her study abroad experience. I particularly missed it when I found out another friend of mine was in Bonn for a summer program during June. Now, I reflect on my time with such joy and nostalgia, and I can’t wait to go back and visit as soon as possible!

This summer, I have been busy with grad school. The business world is quite different from the STEM world and threw me for a loop at the beginning. I did find, however, that skills I gained from the Enmodes teamwork and presentation translate well to the team projects and presentations I do in grad school. I can’t wait until I return to the STEM world next year, though. Hopefully, that’ll be in the form of medical school… fingers crossed. Anyways… we have a Spring Break study abroad for grad school, and we’re going to PORTUGAL! I’m so excited to go back to Europe and explore a country I haven’t been to yet, even though I won’t have time to swing back by Germany. Until that time comes, I am so thankful for my time in Bonn and miss it every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment