Tuesday, July 18, 2023

11 Weeks to the Day

     It's been exactly 11 weeks to the day since we left Germany and returned to Texas. So much has changed since I've been back, yet it's hard to believe that I've already been back that long. I remember getting off the plane, saying goodbye, and watching the scenery pass outside my window. All I could think was that it wasn't nearly as green as it was in Germany and that I felt like I was torn between two different versions of my life. It's not like that anymore though. Don't get me wrong, I still miss Germany and the routine that I had settled into there, but I've also created a new one for myself here in Texas. I'm working at a job I love, spending time with my family again, and hanging out with friends. Erin and I have stayed in touch and see each other all the time too. So it hasn't been a bad adjustment, it's just different. I'm happy with where my life is right now.

    I will forever be glad that I participated in this program and that I got to experience all the things I did. I was able to see some amazing things, learn about different cultures, and make connections that I can't imagine my life without now. I will never forget what an incredible time I had in Europe, but I have also kept moving toward what the future holds for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment