Friday, May 6, 2022

The final days

 After the majority of the final exams were over we still had to finish out DHF's and I had to prepare for my Genetics final that I was having the same day as our final excursion. On Saturday night we went out for a final hurrah to ensure we ended on a high note in Bonn. I spent most of the weekend, studying, packing, and cleaning the apartment to prepare for our plane ride home, and yet I feel like I did not do enough in advance. Always clean and pack a week before a deadline if possible, because I was running off of no sleep most of the weekend. On Monday we had our final excursion where were going to take a boat up the river and then see a castle later on. We originally got on the wrong boat so then we had to sprint to the correct one just as it was about to take off. I am always sprinting to something in Germany. On the boat we had our history of medicine final exam where we all ended up passing the class by the skin of our teeth. The boat ride was beautiful and we saw several more castles along the way. The hike up to the castle was another battle of wills and once we got there we had to wait a long time before the tours started. The inside of the castle was historically accurate and very well displayed. But, since we had to wait so long to get the tour, we ended up SPRINTING AGAIN DOWNHILL to make our train. I nearly rolled my ankle twice but successfully made it. I sure felt it for the next two days though. On the last Sunday and Monday, our host family cooked for Camryn and I and even gave us some Bonn souvenirs to take home since we forgot to buy some for ourselves. It was a chaotic last day before the plane ride, but everything went well and now here we are, back in Texas again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment