Friday, May 6, 2022

A normal weekend in Bonn

 The second to last weekend was a pretty slow one. I debated taking a short day trip to Rothenburg ob der Tauber but the ride there and back would have added too many hours in the day and I really needed to study. In the last week I hade 4 exams to prepare for, and my Genetics exam was holding a lot of pressure. By this point in time all I could think about was how much I missed home. I didn't think that would be the case while over in Germany but all the stress from school and my future plans were making me crave simplicity and a well known support system. When thinking of home though, I didn't think of my childhood home in Ft. Worth but the hill country of Texas. I missed the rivers and birds and my grandparents and green hills and wild flowers. Germany had most of those, but not in the way that my family did, this slow life that was separate of a city. I really did not think I was as drawn to Texas as I thought. Which then sent me into another crisis of falling back in love with the state I come from and then having to move across the country to go to grad school. The ending of the program was bringing up a lot of extensional dread about my upcoming future and as the days progressed it got closer and closer. To combat this I went shopping one final time in Bonn and a distraction. One last look at the streets on a busy Saturday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment