Friday, May 6, 2022

More Castles and Running Up Hill

 Last 4 weeks in Germany so I'm going to pack everything in as much as possible. That was the thought process behind traveling all the way back to Munich again to go see more castles I missed the last time I was there. The train ride there took forever so we didn't get into Munich until 12 am. It was my first time staying in a hostel and it wasn't too bad of an experience. Sleeping in a room full of strangers is daunting, especially because I snore so I can only imagine how annoying I must be. The next morning, Isabelle, Emily, and I got on a train to go see Neuschwanstein Castle. The closer we got, the more it started snowing, and this was on April 9th. After the train we had to get on a bust o take us closer to the castle, and yet it was not close enough. Because of the bus and train schedule, we were cutting it close with about 20 minutes until out time slot for our tour of the castle. The only problem was that we were dropped off at the bottom of the small mountain side in the town and had to haul ourselves up the hill to the entrance. I was going as fast as I could but it felt as if gravity was pulling me down. By the time I got to the entrance I barely made the time slot and Emily had to sneak me in. We missed the English tour and ended up going on a German one so we had no idea what was happening the entire time. Despite this hiccup, the interior of the castle spoke for itself. It was beautiful and ornate, looked very medical even though it was built in the 1800s. After the tour we enjoyed a hot lunch where the sun came out and nearly burned us to a crisp. The weather was so weird, it would be sunny and warm and then the next minute would turn into a blizzard. We then went to the knights castle down the hill that was much smaller but had an amazing story.  That night we went to dinner with Emily's family friends who moved to Germany from Texas. It was a nice change of pace. On the way back we hit the ground running on our projects and exams to top of the weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment