Thursday, May 5, 2022

April Recap

 And just like that, my time here in Bonn is done. After Vienna It felt as though I didn’t even have a second to stop and breath. The school load picked up pretty dramatically, meanwhile the Enmodes meeting began to consume all of our time. This combined for a pretty hectic last couple of weeks. Balancing school and finals with appreciating my last few weeks with my host family was a challenge. Me and my host family built a very good relationship and I was very sad to say good-bye. And I know I will be back to see them, when you have a free excuse to travel to Europe you have to take it! Finals flew by in a blink of the eye. And that, combined with the Enmodes meeting the week earlier, made for a very stressful last couple of weeks. That being said, I was very proud of myself and the group for getting through them and still being able to enjoy our day trips and the time we had together. 

Leaving Bonn was a very strange feeling. As sad as I was, I was also so ready to finish up. The past four months were the best times of my life, but the travel-school combination definitely took a toll. And I was very much looking forward to relaxing and being able to reflect on all that I have experienced. But I still haven’t really gotten the chance to reflect. My parents arrived in Bonn on my last day and we have set off for our two week trip through Spain, so the busyness has continued. Although it’s a different type of busy, traveling without any though of school brings about such a peace of mind and allows me to be so leisurely. I’m really excited for what I have planned for the next few weeks. We’ll be in Spain for two weeks, then Portugal for a few days, then I’m meeting my friend in London for a week. I want to soak in as much as I can before I head back to America, because I will definitely be living a different life once I’m back. 

I’m really excited to have the time to sit and reflect on all that I have learned and experienced this semester. I know there will be something new that I think about or realize every day that I’m back, and I will only grow a greater appreciation for the time here I had in Germany. 

No comments:

Post a Comment