Thursday, July 19, 2018

Retrospective / / T E X A S

Ich liebe Deutschland und Ich bin nicht bereit nach zu gehen (I love Germany and I am not ready to go home). I am so grateful I got to come on this hero's journey. Over this semester, I have learnt so much about myself and what I want to do for my future. The experience with working with a biomedical engineering company (Enmodes) and shadowing doctors at the Uniklinik here in Bonn has confirmed for me that a career in medicine is absolutely what I want. I have developed a sense of independence and I can say with certainty that I have matured over this semester. I have learnt with great emphasis the importance of balancing work and play. Play, in the sense of enjoying nature and spending quality time with friends. Here, I got to meet a lot of wonderful people that go to A&M that I get to call my friends. Each one of them has taught things that I will carry on with me beyond this experience. Regardless of the talk about this being all formality, to me this wasn't at all, and I am looking forward to spending more time with them when I get back to college station.

I have learnt so much history here than I have ever learnt in the past. Europe , Germany, in particular is filled with so much history on every corner and it is amazing to be able to see and hear about the stories that has shaped this country. With this being said, were mistakes made? Absolutely, I made so many and I wish I could have a redo, but I can't. However, I can avoid these mistakes moving forward. Without any form of exaggeration, this semester has been one of the best semesters I have ever had in college. The highs were incredibly high and the lows were incredibly low, but the highs definitely makes up for the lows. I have visited about 7 countries, exploring about 2 to 3 cities within some of the countries, wow what an adventure this was. Definitely will come back again to Europe and see more countries as well as revisit the ones I have seen. Before I end this, I would like to give a quick shoutout to my roomie Lexie for being an awesome roommate, a good big sister and a sweet friend. Also, another shout out to my host parents for being excellent hosts and to everyone in the AIB for welcoming us to Germany with open hands and answering our questions and helping us navigate life here with smiles on their faces.

To you reading, thank you for coming on this adventure with me, I hope you enjoyed reading my blogs as much as I enjoyed writing them. Bye for now.

Dankeschön, Bis spater Bonn! 

1 comment:

  1. Benefits of reading your post. this may facilitate within the maintenance of our health.The daily routine can assist you lose weight quickly and safely.My life is completely reworked once I followed this diet.I feeling nice concerning myself.

    Herbalife in Chennai
    Herbalife Nutrition Products
    Herbalife Shakes
    herbalife weight loss shake
    herbalife weight Gain shake

    ReplyDelete