Monday, August 13, 2018

ALMANIA

ALMANIA: its the end
WOW OH WOW, I wake up every morning confused of where I am. I wish every day that I could swim across the ocean. To go back in time and do it all over again, I would. I feel like my heart has been broken since being back. I look at my social media and realize my life may never be that cool again. But I am now determined to change that and be more spontaneous. I am currently looking to study abroad again in a new place. I signed a 5-month lease in college station in hopes that I can just go. I have always been a really free spirit. But traveling every weekend is exactly what I need.

 The wandering of the unknown and unfamiliar is what I crave.

After the program officially ended I met my parents in Milan Italy where we traveled around Italy for two weeks. I got lost for many hours and spent a day by myself solo traveling to Milan without a cell phone. Talk about a crazy adventure. Once I met up with my parents It truly started to set in that I truly left Bonn.

What I have learned traveling with my parents.
Nothing is as good as America.
What do you mean they don’t have ICE?
Can you turn on the A/c?
Why is everyone so rude?
ALL the rental cars suck.

         But at the end it truly was a great trip, well needed family time and so much joy. I ended up getting to the USA with 5 days then going to camp without a phone for ten weeks. It is now seven weeks into camp and I still dream of going back. I’ve had a lot of time to process my months abroad.  I’ve hung out with a few people from the program and it was weird. People that I had no clue existed in college station then met in Germany, then to hang out with them in college station was surreal. I may not be able to take my host family to college station, the German food, or Germany, but I can take the friends I have made. I am so grateful for all that I have learned and can’t literally express it all. Once in a life time experience and the overarching word to encompass it all is ALMANIA!!

So here are some highlights:
Quoting bridesmaids
The lady who pooped next to me in the train station
Thinking I broke the window
No cream for you
Harrison chicken dance moves

Countries visited:
Monaco
France
Italy
Luxemborg
Hungray
Swizterland
Germany
Belgium
Austria
Spain
Portugal


But my favorite country of all time is Germany. Which if you know me that wouldn't be your first guess. I went on this program for all the shadowing of surgeons, medical experience and etc. But I think being able to live in Germany like a real german was my favorite part.  Some would say I have GONE GERMAN!! I know that one day I will return to the beautiful city of BONN. But until that day....





BONUS camp Pic: One of my fav campers Nathan and I



peace out that is all
XOXO,
GONE GERMAN


No comments:

Post a Comment