Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Week 14

Once we got back into Bonn from Austria, all of the trees were green and the cherry blossoms bloomed! Jules and I went to the Altstadt to see the famous cherry blossom street in Bonn. I appreciate the spring season so much more after enduring such a cold winter. After classes, I hang out with friends, get boba, thrift and window shop, make dinner with friends at my apartment and make fun of reality TV which is pretty similar to what I would do in College Station. For our intercultural workshop with Rike, we had to put together a little presentation about our time here. I recapped all of the cities I have visited in Germany and realized how much I am going to really miss Bonn and living in Germany. Compared to my first few weeks here, I have become much more independent, confident, and decisive. I have had so many new cultural experiences and have made memories and friends that will last a lifetime. One of those memories is getting locked out of my apartment after clubbing in Bonn. Jules, Camryn, Daniel, and I went to Untergrund and danced our hearts out at caliente night. As we are walking back to my apartment, I realized that I left my key in the apartment and both of my roommates are out of town. Not only was I locked out, but Camryn and Daniel's house keys were also in my apartment. After waiting an hour in the cold on the curbside for a locksmith, we found out it would cost 600 euros with a wait time of an additional 2 hours. We called the AiB emergency number and Emily let us stay in the loft of one of AiB's buildings for the night since it was already 3am. The next morning, I called a locksmith during normal operating hours and was able to get into the apartment for much much cheaper. Having learned my lesson, I will always double check if I have my key! 

No comments:

Post a Comment