Sunday, April 3, 2022

Feburary Recap

 So a lot has happened this month. The school has definitely picked up at this point and this trip no longer feels like a vacation. Evidently, it shouldn't have in the first place because I came here to study not just explore, but now it's time to get into grind mode. I have gotten to get to know everyone a lot better. I have spent a lot of time at Katie's apartment after class where I and Camryn go a lot to hang out, study, and watch tv sometimes. I do wish I had my own apartment as well but that was not in the cards for me this trip. At this point, we have gotten pretty far with our end modes project and I am currently in a group with Avery, Emily, and Isabelle our main focus for our part of the project is catheterization sites. We are leaning more towards the femoral artery versus the subclavian artery which was initially proposed by enmodes themselves. As we do more research the femoral artery is looking less and less ideal due to there not being much research that supports a long-term catheterization that can also help the patient be mobile. We are still researching at this point but we see what we come up with finally to present for our project. Physiology has proven to be a little bit of a difficult class for me that requires a lot more attention and time from me rather than what i anticipated, I enjoy it very much but I definitely will need to put more time into it. Medical history is such a fascinating class, I have learned so much about how medicine originated in all parts of the world and how each place has influenced the other one way or another. I love pharmacology and the discussions we have in it with Dr.Fate, it is by far my favorite class this semester. Genetics is alright, I enjoy the subject I just hate the timing of the class since it's taught at A&M, and I and Avery have to zoom into it pretty late each week. And my least favorite class is my medical writing one, the teacher is great but the class is just so tedious, I understand that being able to write is important but we have new writing assignments due every week and I don't necessarily enjoy doing that all the time. In the long run, this class will help me out with my future career but for right now it's just another class I have to get through to graduate. Well, that's it for February. It's crazy to think that I have already been here for 2 months and only have 2 months left.

No comments:

Post a Comment