Sunday, April 3, 2022

Rugen

 Feb 5th-7th

So I have a lot of catching up to do. After our wonderful week in Berlin, I decided to take a trip to Rugen with Katie, Camryn, and Jules. The weekend was beautiful and so much fun. From Berlin, we took a train to Rugen and it was honestly a very fun train ride. Originally we had some problems the night before with the train system, our last night in Berlin we tried getting a train back to our hotel and the train kept getting canceled every 30 mins, we would wait and the next one got canceled, this happened 4 times until we finally gave up and just took a taxi back to the hotel, because of this we were skeptical of the Berlin trains but we got to Rugen without a hitch. The first day we got there a little late but wanted to celebrate Jule's birthday so I made all of us a little fancy dinner. I made pesto chicken alfredo pasta from scratch and it was amazing! Back home I cook like this a lot and I really missed it so being able to cook was really nice for me. 

The next day we went for a hike, the weather wasn't super ideal but we weren't going to let that ruin our hiking experience. The entrance of the trails was not that far from our Airbnb so we walked there and immediately once we got to the forest it was beautiful. All the trees were orange and red and it looked like a fall storybook picture. We kept walking a bit and saw this long muddy trail downhill that led to the coast, so we all decided to take it except for Camryn who was a bit nervous because this was her first real hike and everywhere was slippery, especially downhill. We make it to the bottom and immediately we call Camryn and force her to come downhill, the sight was so breathtaking. I have never seen a more beautiful rocky coast before. I took pictures and collected rocks but they do the coastline no justice, it was truly one of the most beautiful places in Germany and I cant wait to go back.

No comments:

Post a Comment