Monday, September 19, 2022

A look back to studying abroad


During the final week being in Germany, I was so ready to get back home. I could not even imagine going back to Germany any time soon. Now that I am back in the US, I want to be back in Germany more than anything. I still have people bring up in small talk ask me how Germany was and all I can really say is "it was good" or "oh, it was really fun" because it would take way too long for me to really explain it to anyone.

Studying abroad in Germany really changed how I view life and different issues. One funny thing it actually changed in me is it has made me a lot calmer of a driver. I still do not understand how they all drove around and parallel parked on those tiny streets. On a more serious note, it really opened my eyes to viewing America and my own issues in a different light. Being away from Americans and talking to Germans about American issues gave me a new perspective.

I am an engineer so no surprise that I am an introvert. Going into this trip I was terrified about making friends and being able to come out of my shell. I made two lifelong friends who I will forever be grateful for. I learned to be more confident in myself while I was in Germany and not be so scared to be myself which even my friends back home have started noticing and telling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment