Saturday, June 30, 2018

Retrospective Blog Post

My experiences in the study abroad were great and life changing. I was able to explore different cultures and cities and try many different foods. I was humbled by the great culture of Europe and am continuing to be impacted being back home. I was sad and excited to be coming back home but I was looking forward to telling all my friends and family about my journey.

Being back home was another shell shock for me. I quickly became home sick from my wonderful and prosperous home in Germany. So many things were different for me, ranging from transportation, recycling, weather and my long missed friends that I had made in my time in Germany. Despite my homesickness, I was able to become a more cultural and educated person through the study abroad experience and believe everyone should have this experience to become a more well-rounded person. 

All in all, my experiences were life changing and even after two months of coming back home I am still changing. I continue to compare things around me to those that I had seen in Europe. It was almost as if I had explored a different world. I lived my best life in Germany and had some of the most craziest and fun experiences. Would I do it all over again? You bet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment