Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Last Post

This past semester in Germany went as well as I could hope for, and I am thoroughly satisfied with the outcome. There are certain aspects to the program that I think could be improved, but, for a first time program, this was an outstanding experience. I still remember the outings to Vienna and Berlin fondly, and I was able to improve my German language skills somewhat. Perhaps typically, most of my surprises about living in Germany concerned various little things, such as the trains not blowing their horns when going through a town. Also, I expected the German winter to be colder than it actually was. The cultural differences did not seem like any sort of insurmountable barrier or hindrance at any point, but this might have been due to the types of people I met. As for how I have changed, this past semester has given me more confidence in my ability to navigate certain foreign countries, and it has planted the desire to travel within me; I'm considering going back to Germany for graduate school as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment