Sunday, August 6, 2023

3 month reflection

 A whole summer has gone by since coming home from Germany. 

It's still almost hard to believe it is over. When I think back to all the experiences I had, the places I went, and the people I met, I am shocked it all happened in the blink of an eye. 

The beginning of my trip was very hard, I remember celebrating that I had been there for one week, terrified that I had 15 to go. Slowly but surely as I started to let go, connect with the people around me, and make the decision to try new things with an open mind. There was a moment I knew I never wanted to leave. 

I learned so much on this trip, more than I can understand at this moment in time for sure. 

Being home has been pretty chill compared to the whirlwind trip, I've been working and doing school. But even though I went back to the same world I left, it is not the same. I have this knowledge now of other cultures and places, and even the knowledge that I am brave enough to be a world traveler.

I miss my host family every day, and I miss the atmosphere of Bonn more than I thought I ever would. 

I can't wait to go back someday.


No comments:

Post a Comment